Google

Saturday, August 4, 2007

DPDT Switches and other options

* OK, Here is where I’ll leave it up to you. You now have many different options to choose from as to how to tap into this.

What I did was to take a stereo headphone extension jack and wired it to the pins above. I left it the wires connected so I can use the CD Too. The only problem with this is the CD Audio will play through at the same time as your MP3…. However I got around that by making a CD track that plays nothing and setting it to RPT(keep repeating the same track).

What I recommend is to cut the wires and add a double pull double throw switch so when you press the CD selection on the console you’ll have the choice by using your switch to hear the CD or your MP3.

Stop by Radio Shack, they have many different type switches available like this slide switch or this push button type.

1 comment:

Andyboy57 said...

Hi VLKH - could you please email me? I found your blog on how to add an aux switch for my lexus but I have some questions. Would be willing to pay you for your time. Thanks Andy