Google

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Other Options...

You could also wire in RCA jacks as well. It is your car.

I hope this has helped you in your quest to add an AUX in on your RX-300.

Note on how to wire it in:

The data flows for the wires that you are splicing are coming from the CD player to the blue connector. The Blue connector goes to the pre-Amp.

Basically looking at the wire diagram for the DPDT switch, you would put the wires from the connector on the left side and the top right add your mp3 and the second set is your CD player.

Here Chris Santaniello added a dual MP3 and Satellite FM rocker switches and mounted the box at the bottom of the console.

That is all there is to It! Enjoy!

If you need help Post your questions here:

10 comments:

John said...

hey vlkh, thanks for putting this info on here. i was wondering whether you think there would be a difference between gps and non-gps rx300s. my rx doesn't have a navigation system. did yours?

vlkh said...

Hi John, No there is no difference. Mine did not have the GPS installed.
Thanks,
vlkh

Unknown said...

Do you know if it will work with a 2000 rx300?

Also, if I am not confident about doing this myself, do you have suggestions on how I might have a professional do this procedure?

Thanks, Todd

rickaustin said...

Where would I find the toggle switch shown here. Very nice!

rickaustin said...

Were would I find a toggle switch with audio inputs like this one? Very nice!

planetmac said...

Does this also work with the iPhone/IPhone 3G?

Unknown said...

So I am going to use 4 wires from the connector. Do I have to have a switch? If yes, which wires are connected to what? Can you clarify that for me please.
GJ

skrr said...

hi Vlkh

thanks for you nice work.

can you please advice me for two things.

1) how to do video connection.
2) how do i use my third party gps device with lexus gps screen and software. can i use tomtom software in this. at the moment i dont have GPS system in my car.

thanks regards
skrr

Unknown said...

The MP3 jack has 3 wires left side,
right side and one ground .
Do I also break the ground on the left and right side? If not where do you tie the one ground to the left and right ground of the CD player.

Thanks Howard

Unknown said...

I want to thank you for this posting. You've made my wife very happy. It works beautifully.